The latest rankings of the highest-earning UK sports pundits feature prominent figures such as Alan Shearer, Gary Neville, and Gabby Logan. A comprehensive analysis by skysports revealed the annual incomes of presenters from ITV, BBC, and Sky Sports.
1. **Gary Lineker – £1.3 million:** At the pinnacle is Gary Lineker, securing the top spot with an annual wage of £1.3 million. BBC’s chief content officer, Charlotte Moore, defended Lineker’s salary, emphasizing the value he brings to shows like Match of the Day.
2. **Gary Neville – £1.1 million:** Gary Neville, the former United and England international, claims the second spot with an impressive £1.1 million income. Beyond punditry, Neville is involved in hotel ownership and has joined the cast of Dragons’ Den.
3. **Jamie Carragher – £1 million:** In the third position is Jamie Carragher, earning a remarkable £1 million as the face of Sky Sports coverage for the Premier League.
4. **Alan Shearer – £450,000:** The Premier League’s all-time top scorer, Alan Shearer, secures the fourth spot with an annual income of £450,000. Shearer’s roles include Match of The Day analysis and contributing as a columnist for The Athletic.
5. **Jason Mohammad – £255,000:** Cardiff-born Jason Mohammad takes the fifth spot with an annual income of £255,000. Currently hosting Final Score on BBC One and a morning show on BBC Radio Wales, Mohammad has become one of the top-paid pundits.
6. **Mark Chapman – £250,000:** Broadcaster Mark Chapman ranks sixth, earning £250,000 annually. With a diverse portfolio including coverage of the Summer Olympic Games and the Super Bowl, Chapman is a prominent figure on both BBC and Sky Sports.
7. **Gabby Logan – £210,000:** Former gymnast Gabby Logan claims the seventh spot with an annual income of £210,000. Logan, exclusively associated with BBC since 2016, covers major events like the Olympics, World Cup, and Commonwealth Games.
8. **Micah Richards – £205,000:** Micah Richards, a beloved pundit working across BBC Sport and Sky Sports, secures the eighth spot with an annual income of £205,000. Richards is also a columnist for Daily Mail Sport.
9. **Jermain Jenas – £200,000:** Former footballer Jermain Jenas sits at the ninth position, earning £200,000 annually. Known for his contributions as a respected pundit on BBC and BT Sport, Jenas also presents on The One Show.
10. **Ian Wright – £150,000:** Closing the list is Ian Wright, earning £150,000 per annum. Since his retirement in 2000, Wright has been a prominent pundit for both men’s and women’s games, featuring on BBC’s Match of the Day and ITV.
These rankings provide insight into the diverse earnings of UK sports pundits, reflecting their contributions and popularity among viewers.